Thursday 12 November 2015

Check in Terminal 2 Heathrow

Well isn't this place swish. Recently opened and very much along the style of T5. Lots of automatic checkins and fast bag drops, which is all very well if things go smoothly but they didn't.

The main issue is because my flights have all been booked separately, I have a single ticket out to the Philippines and because this doesn't show my follow on flight to Truk I should have a visa. The other thing is I have a bit of excess baggage, which I have pre booked but its not showing on my ticket :(

The good news is I did finally get checked in it just took about 30 minutes longer than it should have done. So thanks to the very helpful person on the Singapore Airlines checkin.

On the plus side there are NO hold ups, first time in ages where I have gone straight through from checkin to departures without having to queue for ages so well impressed.

Once inside and much like T5 there are lots of high end shops and concessions which even if your not buying do make it pleasant to stroll round while your waiting for a flight.

Only down side so far is a lack of power points as I could do with charging my laptop but thats a small price to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment